Friday, January 20, 2012

I Love Airports

I’m currently in Denver on a layover on my way to visit Morgan. I’ve been a blogging machine while I’ve been waiting (yes, I have homework I should probably be doing, but that just wasn't all that appealing). Except I felt that the following two weren’t long enough to get their own entry. So I’m taking the liberty of making a post that includes them both. It’s my blog. I do what I want.

Time has been so weird lately. First off, it’s going by at light speed. This school year is more than halfway over. Robert gets his permit in April. College is almost halfway done. I’m 20 (just had to throw that in there because I still can’t believe that one). But then I look back to August and it seems like that was far more than five months ago. It’s like it was a completely different life. It’s hard to explain. And now this time warp is getting more intense. I honestly lose track of days. It’s Monday and the next thing I know it’s Sunday. I suppose this is nice except that sometimes I also can’t keep straight when the last time I talked to people was. I forget when the last time was that I talked on the phone with my family. So terribly sorry if we haven’t spoken recently. I promise I’m not forgetting you. Sometimes I feel like yesterday wasn’t even real. Even the morning seems foreign to me some days. The person I was then or the day before or months ago isn’t recognizable anymore. 

And I think that’s the point. It's further confirmation that I should be focused on today, who I’ve become, and who I’m supposed to be in this moment. Yes the past is important, but I am always moving forward. This is also showing me how following Jesus truly is a day to day choice. Lately if I don’t consciously say, I’m going to seek your face today, I start chasing other things and it all goes downhill from there.

If it does not please you to serve the Lord, decide today whom you will serve

Speaking of Jesus... I realized today how most of my entries are about Him. Last year I remember that I’d only write about God every once in a while because I didn’t want to turn people away or seem too preachy. Clearly that thought process has stopped and I just write about what I’m learning in my life. Turns out He holds it all together. So I apologize if you’re not into the God thing, but I enjoy Him.

For the Lord, your God, is a consuming fire, a jealous God.

No comments:

Post a Comment