Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Do you see Him yet?


There are verses that I come across and immediately fall in love with. I think they’re great and worth remembering. Then months later, I come to realize the full weight of their words. Psalm 105:4 is one of those verses that stuck with me probably about a year ago, and I’m just now finding how it fits in my life.

Rely on the might Lord;
constantly seek his face.

When God wants me to learn something He will often bring up the topic in as many parts of my life as possible, which always manages to grab my attention. Like this “seek His face” thing.  In literally every single prayer over the past few weeks it’s been said. There was practically an entire chapter about it in a book I’ve been reading. So what does it mean to seek His face? Lately for me it’s been seeing where Jesus is in my life. Not just seeing how He’s working and moving, but where He is as a person. He promises that He’ll never leave us, so He has to be around somewhere. Even in difficult situations. Even when I choose to live by my own desires instead of His. He’s there the whole time.
I find myself trying to picture where He is at certain points in my day. I don’t know if this is entirely correct or reverent, or if I sound like I’ve lost my mind. Like right now as I’m sitting in my comfy chair writing this, He’s sitting on my bed. Earlier in chem lab He was on the counter. Other times He is holding me and comforting me. Try it for yourself some time. You are missing out if you’ve never pictured Jesus running and wearing a pair of nikes. In all of these situations He is always looking at me, interested in whatever it is I’m doing as if it’s the only thing He wants to do. And no, I don’t think that’s creepy. I think it’s beautiful. I mean seriously, millions of people fell in love with Twilight despite the fact that Edward is a massive creeper. They think his hovering is showing the depths of his love. If only they knew the One who invented protecting as an act of Love.

The Lord is your guardian; the Lord is your shade at your right hand.

A question was brought up the other day was, do you still praise God in tough situations? Then it hit me. If you’re seeking His face, you will be able to praise Him in all situations. If you’re seeking Him with all your heart, you will find Him. And when you do see Him, the only thing you will be able to do is praise. 

When you look for me, you will find me. Yes, when you seek me with all your heart, you will find me with you, says the Lord 

No comments:

Post a Comment