Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Praise the Lord, O my Soul

Just like everything else, recovery is going much better than I thought it would. Last week I was cleared for everyday life besides contact sports, so I’ve been able to run a couple of times. The soreness isn’t too big of a problem, but I do still get tired. It’s a long process, but most of the time I’m fine with resting because I know it’s a good thing. Sometimes I want to get out and do stuff, but then I end up completely wiped out by dinner time. So in the meantime I’ve been reading, watching movies, writing letters, coloring, and working on puzzles. Yesterday I was reading on the front porch, and Robert said when he came home and I wasn’t sitting in my chair, he became a little concerned and didn’t know where I was. I do run errands, which I strategically spread out throughout the week so I get out of the house every few days. 
There are many things* that I’m thankful for. Prayers from family and friends. Kind and encouraging words from people far away. Being able to run when two weeks before I couldn’t even get out of bed. Receiving letters in the mail. Early morning walks. People who are willing to get something for me because I just don’t want to get out of a chair.
I’m most thankful for the little things* that have come up I found difficult or impossible to do. Bending over to put on shoes. Driving. Pouring milk. Laughing. Opening doors with one hand. Sneezing. Rolling over while you’re sleeping. Having the energy to get out of pajamas. Stretching to reach something. Holding something more than five pounds. Getting in and out of a car, bed, or chair. 


* These lists are much longer in real life than they appear in this post.



It’s hard to believe it has only been three weeks. But each day I get up and know that whatever I’m able to do is because of grace. And that is all I need. 

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness." I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses, in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me. Therefore, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and constraints, for the sake of Christ; for when I am weak, then I am strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment