Friday, June 1, 2012

Finding Him in a Thumb

Thumb Butte is one of the most well-known features of Prescott (like biscuit), which is proven by the fact that it's on 99% of P-Town postcards. It’s big, and not hard to find. It’s hard to describe because honestly, it’s just there. Since I’ve been home, I’m finding that I can see it no matter where I am in town. I understand that sounds dumb, but apparently I just glanced over it before. Kind of like how it took me ten months of living in Ogden to realize that the massive of body of water to the west was actually the Salt Lake. Seriously, I see it EVERYWHERE I go, even when I'm not looking for it. The other day while driving I looked in my mirror, and there it was. 





This was the answer to me asking God to let me see how He will never forsake me. He's using something that has been there my entire life to show me that He's always been there and always will be. He is beautiful. 




The Lord my Guardian
I raise my eyes toward the mountains. From where will my help come? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth. God will not allow your foot to slip; your guardian does not sleep. Truly, the guardian of Israel never slumbers nor sleeps. The Lord is your guardian; the Lord is your shade at your right hand. By day the sun cannot harm you, nor the moon by night. The Lord will guard you from all evil, the Lord will guard your coming and going both now and forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment