Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Reunited and It Feels So Good

This year Thanksgiving was in Colorado. Don’t worry though, I still spent it with my family. 


When you ask a middle school youth group what they’re thankful for they always say, “family and friends.” It gets old hearing 20 kids have the same response. Seriously, there has to be something else they’re grateful for. This past weekend I found that my answer is the same as theirs. I can’t put into words how thankful I am to be blessed with such an incredible family (this family would also include those in the above picture) and amazing friends. Not only the friends that I’ve known for years, but the ones that I’ve met in the last couple months as well.




Doesn't this look like a great place to spend Thanksgiving?
Yes, I think so too.
I’m not exactly sure why, but I've never really been that homesick. Every once in a while I was, but not as bad as some people said it would be. I do miss being around people that I really know and who know me. Certain things happen that remind me of something else, and I just wish there were people here who would know why I was laughing for no reason. Example: anytime someone mentions segways I nearly lose it. On Thanksgiving I missed my family more than I have so far while being away from them, because I was with a family that was nothing like my own (it was also rather upsetting that there wasn’t a bowl of black olives in sight). My family had dinner at Gramma and Grampa’s, and we all have sat in the same places for as long as I can remember. So when my cousin who sits next to me sent a picture of just her place at the end of the table, I almost freaked. I was sad because I wasn’t with them, but that was outweighed by how happy it makes me to have them all. 
Olive You

I've been thinking about all the things that I'm thankful for, and I realized that they are all things that I don't have right now because I'm not in Prescott and not with those I love. This past week proved to me that a reunion will be more enjoyable the longer you go without something or seeing someone. So I can't wait to see everyone and everything that I've found myself missing over the past four months, because I know that seeing them again will make me happier than anything else ever could.


Psalm 118:28-29
You are my God, I give you thanks; my God, I offer you praise. Give thanks to the LORD, who is good, whose love endures forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment