Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Questions

when all of a sudden i am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by Glory, and i realize just how beautiful You are and how great Your affections are for me
The other day when this came on it seemed like I was hearing it for the first time, and it was great. After listening to the song some more I found that this line actually describes what I’m afraid of, which is good and bad. It's good because up until now I haven’t been able to say what exactly it is that scares me, and bad because now I have to deal with that fear. I’m afraid that I won't see His Glory shine through my afflictions. 
What if I’ve spent over a year thinking about this surgery, it comes, and nothing happens? 
What if after talking about how great God is, people don’t see Him?
What if I’m expecting something big, but I remain unchanged? 
What if I’m disappointed after all this waiting?
What if I fail?
What if all of my questions are never answered? 

No comments:

Post a Comment