Thursday, December 29, 2011

Into Marvelous Light We Are Running

Last year I said, “Bring it 2011, just try to beat 2010. I dare you.” 2010 was one of the all around best years I can ever remember, and 2011 was far from that. It was full of heartache in the lives of loved ones and in my own life. One of the things I’ve learned during the past few months is that life happens in seasons and there is a time for everything. That is totally cliche and if I heard someone tell me that a few months ago, I would have had an anger urge to punch them. It’s easy to be hopeful when your life is going the way you want. When life feels completely out of control is when your faith is tested and refined, but as your perseverance is perfected you will be able to remain hopeful despite your seemingly bad circumstances. 

I saw this the other day and thought, Absalootely. 2011 clearly did not take me up on my dare. I’m a naturally negative person, so I could only think of all the difficulties of this year. Then my hope muscle kicked in and said (yeah, my muscles talk to me) don’t you remember... And then all of the good things that happened this year came to mind. 
Yes, this wasn’t exactly the best year, but even in the darkness there was growth. You could even say that because of the darkness there was growth. Because of that I feel hope and anticipation over what will happen as this darkness is overcome by the Light.

You, Lord, give light to my lamp;
my God brightens the darkness about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment