Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Beautiful Fight

As I was traveling home I was reading a book about breaking free of spiritual bondage, and one part was about becoming the person God created us to be. He has given us a name, and within that name is our purpose. 
Michelle and Michael mean who is like God? One time I heard that is what the angel Michael was yelling as he was fighting satan and sending him into hell. That got me thinking about Saint Michael, and how he is a warrior and fighter for God’s Kingdom. And since my name comes from his, then I too am a fighter for God. 
This entire semester seemed like a fight, so this realization at 30,000 feet was incredible and brought me to tears. Not just because I am continually being reminded of God’s power and attention to every detail in my life, but mostly because of a note that I wrote at the beginning of the semester. It was in my Bible while I was flying, but it has also found itself on my door, in my pocket, and as a bookmark over the past three months. 

When I wrote it I honestly didn't know what I was fighting for, but I knew it was something that had to happen. Now it makes sense why I wanted to fight, because it's what I was made to do. Praise God my parents didn’t name me Mallory like they were planning to, because it means unlucky or unfortunate. 

Fight the good fight of the faith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment