Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Shoes For Tomorrow Project

I don’t understand TOMS. Not one bit. It’s great that they donate a pair of shoes to kids who don’t have any. Except that only happens after you buy a pair for yourself. Here’s an idea, why don’t you use the $50 you’re going to spend on your own shoes and buy a few pairs to send to others? 
Also, has anyone else noticed that these shoes are ugly? Everyone says they’re comfortable, which I’m all for. Seriously though, they’re hideous. I don’t know what it is that makes them seem so unattractive to me, so I’m sorry if I’m offending all you Toms lovers out there. Really, they just look ridiculous.
I think what really bothers me is that people claim that they like to give to others, which is awesome. Except they only like to give when they know they will receive recognition or some personal benefit. I feel like when someone sports their TOMS, it’s like they’re saying, “Hey check out my hip shoes! By spending an absurd amount of money on these hideous things I’m helping others! Aren’t I awesome and fashionable?” Once again, I apologize to all you TOMS lovers. Especially those of you who really are genuine givers.
Now I own a pair of these beauties...
I am fully aware that they sort of look like Toms. Except I think Sanuk shoes actually look normal. Again, I don’t know why I think they look exponentially better than TOMS. So I'm sorry, I just can’t help how I feel.

P.S. In case you didn't know, TOMS is derived from the word tomorrow, which is short for Shoes for Tomorrow which is short for the Shoes for Tomorrow Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment