Thursday, April 7, 2011

One Sheep... Two Sheep...

It seems that at some point, everyone has an all-nighter during college. I’ve been lucky enough that I haven’t experienced one all year. Until tonight, well now it’s the morning. Unfortunately, this isn’t happening because I have an obscene amount of homework, which I guess that could be seen as a good thing. Nope, I’m pulling an all-nighter simply because I can’t sleep. I’ve been known to have a little bit of insomnia every once in a while, but this is kinda ridiculous. 
When I was laying in bed a couple hours ago wondering why I wasn’t tired, I was thinking about my day and what I did that could be the possible cause of my situation. All I could think of is the latte I had at about 4:00. Except I have coffee a couple times a week, so it shouldn’t be having this effect on me. Our small group went around cleaning dorm rooms as a way to say thanks to everyone for letting us use the building all year. I washed a bunch of dishes. Maybe I cleaned a pan that was used to cook some kind of caffeine-loaded soup and the fumes got to me. 
Mystery solved. The worst insomnia I’ve ever had was the result of an afternoon latte and inhaling the fumes from the remnants of a special caffeine soup.

One benefit of this morning was that
I was able to catch the last night's episode 

1 comment: