Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Mi Familia Loca


This past weekend was amazing. First off, I ran my first official 10K. I will write about that at a later time, because all I can think about right now is the fact that my family was standing at the finish line. I did wonder if maybe a friend might be willing to get up early on a saturday morning and drive 20 minutes to where the race was. Turns out my family was crazy enough to do that. And their trip was a little bit longer.

Most people think they're crazy,
but I think they're the most loving people I've ever met.
Later saturday night we saw some friends at subzero (go there right now if you haven’t been there yet). They commented on how cool it was that my family came, and my mom responded with, “Well, how could we have not been there for her first race?” I hate to tell you mom, but there were a lot of reasons why you could’ve missed it. Such as: you would have to drive two hours to get to phoenix, fly to salt lake, get a rental car, stay the night in salt lake, get up early and then drive 30 minutes to the race. That’s about 800 miles, and who knows how much travel time. Not to mention my race wasn’t really that long. It’s not like it was a marathon or anything. So there were numerous reasons why coming here was a little illogical. But for reasons I don’t understand, your love is far bigger than any of those inconveniences. And I can only hope that my heart is capable is loving someone so much that one day it will seem like doing something completely ridiculous is the only reasonable option.

No comments:

Post a Comment